Friday, April 2, 2010

nuestra casa: la casita

Here are pictures of our little house in Mexico (Guanajuato, summer 2009). We lived with a host family but our part of the house was separate from the rest. We had two stories, with a twin bed downstairs and a double bed upstairs. The bathroom was upstairs as well.



This is our front door, off of the central courtyard.



Here's the view from the door, of Amber's "little" bed (later Jaime's).



our front door



bookcase, with an old picture of our host family



the much-hated spiral staircase



upstairs; the long curtain is covering the door to the big window/balcony.
Note also that we had to walk up more stairs for the bathroom.



my bed! I shared it with Jaime for the first three or four weeks, after which point she and Amber switched places.
Love the Don Quijote bedspread!



the cool brick ceiling, with the strange collection of stuff that was in our room



My side of the bed was closest to the staircase. I almost fell down it on more than one occasion.



view up into the bathroom



our very green bathroom



the window/balcony door.. Volkswagon??



Here's the view from our big window/balcony on one of the many rainy days. I swear it took me the whole time I was in Mexico (to say nothing of Spain) to learn the name of those flowers. (It's bugambilia, by the way.)



rainy day shot #2

No comments:

Post a Comment