Friday, September 4, 2009

recipe: Barbecue Sauce/Pulled Pork




I made pulled pork sandwiches today, and I must say, they were excellent. (I also made tuna macaroni salad, which was pretty good too.)

I had leftover shredded pork from last week. We had made a pork tenderloin in the crock pot with chopped onions for flautas, so I thought that making pulled pork sandwiches would be a good way to use up the leftover meat. I also made homemade barbecue sauce! And, since I am extremely generous (modest, too), I'm going to share the recipe. I think this originally came from a Paula Deen recipe but I'm not sure.


Barbecue Sauce
*1 cup ketchup
*1/4 cup brown sugar
*2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (orange or lemon juice would work as well)
*1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
*1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
*1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
*a few "dashes" of liquid smoke
*salt and pepper


Mix well, and let sit for at least an hour. I made it last night and left it in the fridge overnight. Pretty much all the ingredients can be adjusted according to taste. I personally added a bit more of the mustard and the cayenne pepper.

I threw my meat back in the crockpot on low, stirred in my bbq sauce and just let it sit all day until dinner time... and MMMMM was it good! Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment