Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a mitad de camino

Well, I have a post about Mexico City ready but right now I can't upload photos for some reason so I'll have to wait & figure that out.

Our trip is halfway over! This week, we have two conversation classes, a grammar class, pronunciation and diction, legal terminology, and salsa/merengue dancing. I have also started going to El Bar weeknights for salsa lessons. Monday and Tuesday I danced salsa for two hours each day! I am getting a little better but I still feel like I have two left feet half the time. It doesn't help that the majority of the Mexican guys at dance lessons are quite a bit shorter than I am. There is one little one that looks like an Hispanic Mr. Bean! It's kind of funny. I am really enjoying the lessons though, and they are cheap! Because we have a mutual friend, and because he seems to like us, the dance instructor in charge is letting Jaime, Amber and I take the lessons 4 times/week for the next 3 weeks for $300 pesos, which is less than everyone else got charged. It works out to something like $23USD.. so not too bad. I am really enjoying it and I think I am actually beginning to get something out of it. So far this week Jaime has had a big paper to work on for a class at NMU and Amber hasn't felt very well, so I've gone by myself. I wasn't there alone though; there are like three other Falcón students taking the lessons as well.

We are talking about what we want to do this weekend. Right now we are talking about going to San Miguel de Allende and Dolores Hidalgo on Saturday, and Morelia/Pátzcuaro on Sunday, and maybe Querétaro the following weekend-- our last weekend here! Nothing's been decided yet though. I want to see as much as I can while I am here.. so far the trip has been excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment